In the latest evidence that natural alternatives are driving the pet food market, GfK data for the past year shows a 28% spike in grain-free food sales at US pet stores. Through its Retail and Technology division, GfK captures point-of-sale (POS) data in over 11,000 US pet outlets – including national and regional chains, as well as neighborhood pet shops.
In GfK’s latest video blog post, Maria Lange, GfK’s Senior Product Manager of Retail and Technology, talks about the significance of the grain-free trend – and where it might lead in the future.
Most Recent Posts
- Turning omnishopping to omnibuying – the Amazon way
- Integrated kitchens: A healthy market with attractive opportunities
- Beware the star player: Why category management is the ultimate team game
- Enticing shoppers to buy: Time to communicate the benefits to shoppers
- Top factors for consumers in deciding what to eat or drink